Mobile Technology is Changing the Way You Do Business
According to a recent study by IDC, the world’s mobile worker population will reach 1.3 billion by 2015, representing 37.2% of the total workforce. The consumerization of mobile devices and apps are changing the way companies do business from adapting to BYOD strategies to the proliferation of different mobile devices, tablets and apps.
CIOs are being challenged to develop an enterprise mobility strategy to manage, secure and monitor their mobile workforce.
- Mobile worker population will reach 1.3 billion by 2015, representing 37.2% of the total workforce. (IDC)
- The Americas will see the number of mobile workers grow from 182.5 million in 2010 to 212.1 million in 2015.
- Asia Pacific will see the largest increase in total number of mobile workers with 601.7 million mobile workers in 2010 and 838.7 million in 2015.
- In Japan, 64.8% of the workforce in 2015 will be mobile, totaling 38.6 million.
- Global businesses should be prepared to support at least three smartphone platforms in 2012, and some will expect to support four or even five. (Gartner)
- Media tablets sales are forecasted to reach 326.3 million units in 2015. (Gartner)
As the number of mobile workers continues to grow, it is an exciting time to be a part of the revolution of enterprise mobility. Our technology is constantly evolving to meet the needs of a rapidly growing customer base.