AirWatch Announces Record Results and Growth in 2011 Making it the Leading Global Provider of Mobile Device Management Solutions
Growth of global MDM customer base by more than 800% and expansion of employee base by 250% secures AirWatch’s stronghold in Mobile Device Management industry
ATLANTA – Feb. 9, 2012 – AirWatch, the global leader and innovator in mobile security, mobile device management (MDM), mobile application management (MAM) and mobile content management (MCM) today announced record company and financial growth in 2011. AirWatch increased its employee base to 400 employees and added over 1,000 MDM customers during 2011.
“Our efficient approach to product development, research and enhancing the software solution has enabled us to maximize the service and quality offerings we provide our enterprise customers,” said John Marshall, CEO, AirWatch. “In 2011, we increased our headcount by over 250% on a year-over-year basis and opened offices on three additional continents. AirWatch’s scalability continues to be a primary differentiator and positions the company as the only mobility management solution that meets and exceeds enterprise mobility needs.”
2011 Company and Financial Highlights
- Positioned in the Leaders quadrant of Gartner, Inc.’s Magic Quadrant for Mobile Device Management Software 2011.
- Recognized as an Innovator in Forrester Research, Inc.’s Market Overviews for Cloud-Hosted MDM Solutions and Managed Services¹ and On-Premise MDM Solutions².
- Listed as the Champion in Info-Tech Research Group’s Mobile Device Management Vendor Landscape.
- Sequential quarterly growth of MDM software bookings ranged from 30% to more than 100% in each quarter of 2011.
- Added more than 1,000 global MDM customers in 2011, over 200 in December alone.
- More than 200 of these were international customers added throughout the world, including customers in Europe, Asia and Latin America.
- Added international offices in Australia, India and the United Kingdom.
- Expanded leadership team and added key personnel in roles such as Chief Operating Officer, Vice President of Human Resources, Vice President of Professional Services, Vice President of Global Accounting and Finance, Sales Directors and International Managing Directors of the various regions.
- Grew employee base to 400, the majority of which are dedicated to product development or revenue generating roles, with projections to double employee count to 800 employees by the end of 2012.
- Increased planned investments in product research, product development, customer support and professional services.
- Expanded R&D staff to 175 personnel; R&D expense represents 25% of revenue.
2011 Industry Firsts
AirWatch delivered multiple critical and innovative product offerings ahead of market demand throughout 2011. Among those industry firsts include:
- Comprehensive, enterprise-wide support of iOS5 available the same day the operating system was announced by Apple.
- Full integration with BPOS-D, Office 365 and Gmail cloud-based email providing device-level access control and visibility into mobile email.
- Complete HTML5-based MDM console, optimized for PC, Mac, tablet and smartphone browsers, provides intuitive user interface with customizable branding and dashboards, advanced filters, searches and fast processing.
- Fully integrated, native AirWatch Content Locker™ with encryption for secure mobile content management for employees, partners and customers. This provides distribution, organization, data loss prevention and visibility of content across iOS and Android tablets accessing an enterprise’s corporate resources.
2011 Product Achievements
- Most secure and functional MDM platform with transparent pricing. SaaS pricing starts at a $3-per-monthly subscription per device. Appliance pricing starts at a one-time fee of $6,500 for the hardware and includes a one-year warranty. On premise pricing starts at a one-time fee of $40 per device plus annual maintenance.
- Complete SAML integration provides single sign-on capabilities for mobile devices and further solidifies AirWatch’s position as the most secure mobility management solution on the market.
- Custom enterprise app catalog enables IT administrators to centrally deploy, manage and secure internal and public apps. AirWatch ensures only compliant users can view, download and update enterprise apps, access purchased apps in iTunes and access recommended and blacklisted public apps in iTunes and Android Market.
- Additional comprehensive SDK library features, such as advanced MDM capabilities for both iOS and Android devices, for building secure enterprise apps. The solution’s various user authentication methods, including basic, directory services or certificate-based, provide an additional layer of security each time a user starts an application.
- Secure Email Gateway provides increased security and control of corporate email.
- Secure role-based access using custom roles integrated with enterprise Directory Services provides a detailed audit trail of users accessing the system and of events and actions taking place.
- Advanced reporting features, including extensive library of high-level and detailed device reports. IT administrators can leverage these pre-defined reports or create custom reports based on specific devices, user groups, date ranges or file preferences.
“AirWatch made unparalleled progress in the marketplace in 2011 to secure its position as the leading MDM provider that gives users the native email and calendar experience. We continue to advance as the leading resource and innovator in complete mobility management,” added Marshall.
¹-“Market Overview: Cloud-Hosted Mobile Device Management Solutions and Managed Services,” Forrester Research, January 3, 2012
²-“Market Overview: On-Premises Mobile Device Management Solutions, Q3 2011,” Forrester Research, January 3, 2012
About AirWatch by VMware
AirWatch by VMware is the leader in enterprise mobility management, with more than 15,000 global customers. The AirWatch platform includes industry-leading mobile device, email, application, content and browser management solutions. Organizations can implement these solutions across device types and use cases, including complete EMM for corporate and line of business deployments, and containerized solutions for bring your own device (BYOD) programs. Acquired by VMware in February 2014, AirWatch is based in Atlanta and can be found online at www.air-watch.com. VMware is headquartered in Silicon Valley and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
+ 1 404.353.6253