AirWatch, Global Enterprise Mobile Management Leader, Secures $200 Million Series A Investment
AirWatch today announced at Mobile World Congress the closing of a $200 million Series A investment. The equity infusion, led by Insight Venture Partners, will be used to fund strategic acquisitions, accelerate global growth and drive innovation and adoption of AirWatch’s content collaboration solution, AirWatch Content Locker.
The AirWatch platform, featuring industry-leading mobile device management and application management, also incorporates the most secure content management solution. These solutions can be used stand-alone for unique BYOD requirements or as a comprehensive, highly scalable enterprise-grade mobility platform.
AirWatch is rapidly expanding with more than 500 new clients per month, continually delivering first-to-market mobile innovations and product capabilities. AirWatch manages the largest mobile management deployments for the top three global Fortune companies, the top four global energy companies, six of the top 10 global airlines, six of the top 10 global pharmaceutical companies, seven of the top 10 global consumer product companies, five of the top 10 global luxury goods companies, two of the top three global hotel groups, nine of the top 10 U.S. retailers, and three of the top five U.S. medical device companies.
“With an enhanced balance sheet and greater financial strength providing much more stability than our competition, this investment is a significant step to reinforce our solutions during a critical market pivot,” said John Marshall, president and CEO, AirWatch.
“We’ve had outstanding success building the industry leader with no outside capital,” added Alan Dabbiere, chairman, AirWatch. “Insight recognized our achievements to date and is excited to collaborate to simplify enterprise mobility. This funding will allow us to continue to build the most flexible and innovative enterprise mobile management solutions in the world.”
AirWatch’s mobile device security and EMM technology ensures enterprise mobility deployments are secure and that corporate information is protected. AirWatch’s advanced features and integrated technology partnerships provide end-to-end security that extends to the user, device, application, content, data and network levels.
John Marshall and Alan Dabbiere teamed up to create AirWatch, which was founded in 2003. Dabbiere also founded Manhattan Associates, the leading supply-chain logistics software provider, which he shepherded through an initial public offering in 1998.
“We’re excited to partner with John, Alan and the terrific AirWatch team,” said Jeff Horing, managing director, Insight Venture Partners. “The mobile enterprise market is experiencing explosive growth, and AirWatch has emerged as the market’s leading device management solution, without raising any outside capital. As the first institutional investors we hope to support AirWatch’s strong growth trajectory and further strengthen the company’s leadership in the field.”
2012 Analyst Recognition and Awards
- Featured as Leader in Gartner’s 2012 Magic Quadrant for MDM
- Forrester - Innovator in Market Overviews, Q1, 2012
- Forrester - Cloud-Hosted Mobile Device Management Solutions and Managed Services
- Forrester - On-Premise Mobile Device Management Solutions
- The Radicati Group - Named TOP PLAYER in 2012 Mobile Device Management - Market Quadrant
- Enterprise Mobility Forum - Best Mobile Strategy
- American Telecom Professionals Technology/Service Provider of the Year
- TAG (Technology Association of Georgia) - Impact SSA ISV Award
- TAG (Technology Association of Georgia) - Georgia Technology Summit Top 10 Innovation Award
- TMCnet - Cloud Computing Excellence Award
- Federal Computer Week - Hot Company in Federal Space
- Metro Atlanta Chamber - Phoenix Award Emerging Company of the Year
- Info Tech - Identified as a CHAMPION in 2011 Mobile Device Management Vendor Landscape
- Nemertes - PilotHouse MDM Award
- Frost & Sullivan - North American Customer Value Enhancement Award
+1 (650) 427-7643