AirWatch Announces AirWatch Content Locker Enhancements and Debuts on Inaugural Gartner Magic Quadrant
New features such as Outlook Plugin and Social Feed drive growth and adoption among enterprise users
ATLANTA – July 11, 2014 – AirWatch® by VMware, the leading enterprise mobility management (EMM) provider, announced today enhancements to AirWatch Content Locker and inclusion on the inaugural Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing (EFSS)*. AirWatch was also recently positioned in the Leaders quadrant on the Gartner Enterprise Mobility Management Magic Quadrant** which also analyzes mobile content management capabilities.
AirWatch Content Locker provides ¬flexible content storage, enterprise-grade security, data loss prevention (DLP), file syncing and sharing, editing, annotation and analytics to deliver the right content to the right people, virtually anytime, anywhere, on any device. The key updates to AirWatch Content Locker include an Outlook plugin for easy email distribution of content, social feeds for users and data analytics for IT administrators, allowing organizations to simplify enterprise content management across desktop and mobile devices. Solidifying these feature updates, AirWatch Content Locker garnered a spot on the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing*.
“Of the hundreds of vendors in this space, we’re pleased with our inclusion in the first Gartner Magic Quadrant for EFSS,” said John Marshall, senior vice president and general manager, AirWatch by VMware. “Since the conclusion of Gartner’s research for this magic quadrant, we’re proud to announce significant enhancements to our product to create an even more robust and secure content collaboration experience for both users and IT administrators.”
Key User Experience Enhancements
- Outlook plugin for sharing AirWatch Content Locker files through links to prevent data loss
- Social feed on personal content for users to create and track conversations for easy collaboration
- Collaboration on documents without requiring downloads
- Desktop sync to send content from the desktop directly to AirWatch Content Locker
- Tracking for when a user adds, deletes, moves, renames or restores a file or folder
- Transfer ownership of content and ability to leave shared folders if uninterested
Key Administrative Enhancements
- Dashboard analytics to quickly view content status, missing required content, most and least viewed content and adoption of personal content
- Optimized support for automatic downloads
- Support for additional file types such as WAV, RAR and ZIP
Mobile Application Enhancements
- iOS 2.3 application update supports file creation, recent activity feed, two-way sync with OneDrive and Google Drive, search enhancements, required content delivery from administrator and security enhancements.
- Android 2.1 application update will include a user interface overhaul of file actions for a more intuitive flow, support bulk actions, folder sharing and featured content.
- Windows Phone 1.2 application updates will support folder and file sharing, one-tap actions for documents, repository improvements, saving encrypted or unencrypted email attachments and run on Windows 8.1. These three platform updates will be available in next few weeks, pending approval from the respective application store.
The additional capabilities in AirWatch Content Locker demonstrate continued leadership in the market as organizations extend content to workers securely, while maximizing their existing investments in infrastructure and storage. AirWatch Content Locker can be deployed on iOS, Android and Windows Phone 8 devices. Additionally, the AirWatch Content Locker Sync (desktop client) is available for Mac OS and Windows PC computers.
Resources: Gartner Report
- Download the 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant Report
- Read the blog post on EFSS
- Watch recorded webinar on AirWatch Content Locker
Customer Case Studies
- AriZona Beverage (Food & Beverage): “Our sales team picked up on how to use [AirWatch Content Locker] immediately. We also save so much paper, which helps with our environmental initiatives. I couldn’t do without the Content Locker, and I know it is providing business results for AriZona.” – Andrew Knapp, IT support, AriZona Beverage
- Flair Airlines (Transportation/Aviation): “Revisions for certain manuals come out every six months, some every 50 days. With AirWatch [AirWatch Content Locker], I can upload the revisions to the server, and the pilots have the latest and greatest documents.” – Ken James, IT operations, Flair Airlines
- Big Picture (Professional Services): “AirWatch Content Locker is the best tool on the market. It enables our end-users to view all available content at a glance and to download multiple documents at once. Within one week, three of our employees seamlessly rolled out AirWatch Content Locker to more than one hundred BYOD devices.” – Julian Duncan, director, Big Picture
- Advanced Home Care (Healthcare): “Because of regulations and the speed in which they change, we were spending too much money on printing and reprinting. With [AirWatch Content Locker], we can release information into the locker and update it immediately. This allows sales reps to have the latest and most current information while in the ¬field. Updated information is everything to our business.” – Kevin O’Neill, independent contractor, Advanced Home Care
AirWatch Content Locker blog posts
- AirWatch announces AirWatch Content Locker enhancements and debuts on inaugural Gartner EFSS Magic Quadrant
- Mobile devices in the field: Equipping the next-generation police force
- AirWatch Content Locker webinar follow-up Q&A
- Insight on Gartner Content Summit from Mike Maxey, director of content sales
- AirWatch Content Locker wins Govie Awards
- Content is king: AirWatch highlights AirWatch Content Locker at AirWatch Connect Barcelona
Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing, July 2, 2014, Monica Basso, et al; **Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management Software (formally the Magic Quadrant for Mobile Device Management), June 3, 2014, Terrence Cosgrove, et al.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About AirWatch by VMware
AirWatch by VMware is the leader in enterprise mobility management, with more than 12,000 global customers. The AirWatch platform includes industry-leading mobile device, email, application, content and browser management solutions. Organizations can implement these solutions across device types and use cases, including complete EMM for corporate and line of business deployments, and containerized solutions for Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) programs. Acquired by VMware in February 2014, AirWatch is based in Atlanta and can be found online at www.air-watch.com. VMware is headquartered in Silicon Valley and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware and AirWatch are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiary in the United States and other jurisdictions.
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding the vision of AirWatch to deliver new innovations and the expected long-term success of AirWatch and AirWatch products and solutions. These forward-looking statements are subject to the safe harbor provisions created by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to (i) changes to priorities and levels of government spending; (ii) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (iii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures, industry consolidation, entry of new competitors into the mobile device, end user and cloud computing markets, and new product and marketing initiatives by our competitors; (v) our customers’ ability to develop, and to transition to, new products and computing strategies such as cloud computing and mobile device management; (vi) the uncertainty of customer acceptance of emerging technology; (vii) rapid technological and market changes in virtualization software and platforms for cloud and mobile device computing; (viii) changes to product development timelines; (ix) the successful integration of AirWatch products and services into VMware; (x) VMware’s ability to protect its proprietary technology; and (xi) VMware’s ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees.. These forward looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to uncertainties and changes in condition, significance, value and effect as well as other risks detailed in documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our most recent reports on Form 10-K and Form 10-Q and current reports on Form 8-K that we may file from time to time, which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. VMware assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
+ 1 470-247-6742